A few of our dedicated gym members have been completing the 30 day Paleo challenge with some fantastic results. We’d love to share this super easy Paleo-inspired recipe with you …
Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 40 min.
- 2 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 lb. ground pork, veal, beef or a combination of the three
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 360 F
- In a large bowl, combine meat with onion, mushrooms, egg, spices, honey and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to ensure consistency.
- Using a large spoon and your hands, roll approximately 16 2inch meatballs. Place on a baking sheet spaced out and cook for 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- While the meatballs are cooking, saute sliced mushrooms in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Do so for approximately 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, add them to the pan, along with the thyme and beef broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the skillet and continue cooking for a few minutes to combine flavours.
- Places squash in a microwave with rind-side up. Allow to cook on high for 6 to 8 minutes, or until center is tender.
- Fill the centre of the squash with the meatballs and sauce.